Table of Contents
- Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Four Reasons You Need to Buy a Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Soft Ergonomic Seat
- Recumbent Exercise Bike Benefits
- Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike Product Description
- What are People Saying About this Popular Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Drawbacks of the Schwinn 240 Exercise Bike
- Where You Can Buy a Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Have you been looking for a recumbent bike for your home with the features of your favorite recumbent exercise bike at your local health club, but without the high price tag? The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Bike has emerged as one of the best recumbent exercise bikes available. Schwinn Fitness has become the standard in professional quality home fitness equipment without the professional fitness equipment price.
Four Reasons You Need to Buy a Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Get a good low impact exercise anytime
- Less stress on your joints than an upright exercise bike
- Great heart healthy exercise for seniors
- Several programs to choose from based on health issues and desired exercise results
- The console allows you to monitor heart rate to achieve maximum heart rate for a great recumbent bike workout, and to prevent over exertion, especially for people with heart disease.
Due to having experience with a recumbent exercise bike similar to this one, and my desire to help people who are searching for a cost-effective way to get a good heart healthy exercise, I am providing this recumbent exercise bike review of the Schwinn 240 for you.
Feels Like a Real Bike
One of the complaints many people have about an upright exercise bikes is that they lack a real bike feel, and do not provide a challenging workout. The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Bike, available from Amazon.com, is the result of 100 years of expertise in bicycle design by Schwinn Fitness, and they have created the best recumbent bike under $500 that feels like a real bike, and has 17 workout programs and 16 resistance levels, to give you the best workout regardless if you are a beginner, advanced, or are on a doctor assisted exercise program. With the Perimeter weighted flywheel for a true road feel, and oversized stabilizers and levers that are built-in for a solid workout platform, this Schwinn recumbent exercise bike gives you a smooth, consistent workout, prevents knee pain, and joint pain common with an upright exercise bike.
The Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Monitor Maximum Heart Rate with the Backlit Exercise Console
This exciting Schwinn exercise bike, available here from Amazon.com with free shipping, offers a gym quality workout is packed with features you would expect on a recumbent exercise bike costing well over $500, including:
- 17 workout programs, including 8 course profiles, target heart rate, 2 user profiles with custom workouts
- Backlit, multi-color console for easy viewing
- Schwinn Advantage workout tracking, an easy way to set fitness goals and measure your progress right on the console
- Telemetry-enabled, integrated grip heart rate system for easy fitness monitoring
- Console can show distance in Miles or Kilometers (Km)
The Schwinn 240 console (see larger image).
Soft Ergonomic Seat
Having a soft and ergonomic seat is important for an enjoyable exercise bike workout. The Schwinn 240 has a soft, adjustable seat and two position lumbar support for your comfort. The console is also adjustable to ensure proper ergonomic posture while viewing your workout progress. Maximum user weight of the Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike is 300-pound; 5-year warranty on frame, 1 year on parts and electronics
Recumbent Exercise Bike Benefits
Despite the competition from the many trendy new fitness inventions you see advertised on T.V. from the Teeter Hang Ups and other home exercise machines, like the Bowflex, which can cost $500 to well over two thousand dollars, home exercise bikes continue to be popular cost-effective and space saving options for home exercise.
- A recumbent exercise bikes offer the same aerobic and cardio benefits of riding a bicycle at any time
- Can be used in any weather
- An exercise bike that can be used anytime without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
- An Exercise bike, like the Schwinn 240 doesn’t take up much space, compared to a home gym.
- Requires little or no balance or any special coordination to use and get a good home workout
- Can provide an effective home workout for all levels of users, from beginners to serious competitors, and people on doctor-monitored exercise programs.
Also, doing the same workout routine can be boring. With the Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike, you will never be bored with 17 workout programs available, and you can watch television or read a magazine while you work out.
Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike Product Description
Features & Specifications:
- 16 resistance levels
- 20-pound flywheel
- Eddy Current Brake (ECB) resistance system
- Adjustable handlebars and console
- Walk-through frame
- Water bottle holder
- Reading rack
- Magazine storage rack under the seat
- Transport wheels
- Switchable from miles to kilometers (KM)
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
Manufacturer’s Warranty 5 years on the frame, 1 year on parts and electronics, 3 months on wear parts, 3 months on labor
What are People Saying About this Popular Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Outstanding Exercise Bicycle!
- Great Recumbent Bike For All
- I recommend this bike to everyone
- Amazing Bike! Just bought another one!
- Research and testing led to the 240
- Really good, quiet machine
- Just what the doctor ordered
- All I expected and then some
Drawbacks of the Schwinn 240 Exercise Bike
It is important to discuss any negatives as well as positive aspects of a product during a review. With 4.5 out of 5 stars, there are few drawbacks of this Schwinn exercise bike to discuss. The few drawbacks we did discover are that it can take a bit of time to put this exercise bike together yourself, so try to get a friend to help you. The other issue is that the box can be heavy at 115 Lbs, so have some help you to prevent leg or back injury. Assembly instructions can be a bit confusing, but most people seem to have little difficulty, since the machine can be assembled in one hour.
Easy to Put Together
Most of the comments from both men and women said the Schwinn exercise bikes are the easiest to put together. On average, it takes 35 min to 90 mins to fully assemble this Schwinn exercise bike, and basic tools are needed.
Where You Can Buy a Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
Our research indicates the best place to buy the Schwinn 240 recumbent exercise bike is from Amazon.com.
- Their price is significantly less than even Amazon.com
- No Sales Tax
- Free Delivery Optio n
- Award winning Customer Support
This exercise bike received 4.5 out of 5 stars. To read more recumbent exercise bike reviews click here.