Table of Contents
- Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike Reviews
- Why use a Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Comparisons of Schwinn 250 and Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Smooth Bike Feel
- 18 Workout Settings
- Easy Entry
- Monitor your Heart Rate with the New Larger Exercise Console
- Get Your Groove on While You Exercise
- Product Description
- Drawbacks of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike
- Easy to Put Together
- What Are Satisfied Users of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike Saying?
- Where You Can Buy a Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike Reviews
If you are looking to purchase a new recumbent exercise bike to use in your home, Schwinn Fitness is the name you should remember for quality construction in a home recumbent exercise bike at a reasonable price for every budget. The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike continues this tradition.
The new Schwinn recumbent bike model 250 is replacing the popular Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike, by taking the best features of the Schwinn 240 and making it even better!
The cutting edge technology Schwinn Fitness engineers are famous for can be found in their latest recumbent bike, the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike. Schwinn engineers took the popular features from their best selling Schwinn 240 Recumbent Bike and made it better; including the following improvements:
- A larger console
- Improved heart rate monitor located on the hand grips
- 18 exercise settings to improve your cardio workout,
- Built-in speakers for an iPod or MP3 player input,
- Water bottle holder
- Larger handle for easy moving around to name a few improvements.
- Console Provides Easy to read workout updates to monitor your progress
Why use a Recumbent Exercise Bike
- You can use a recumbent exercise bike at home to get a good cardio workout without having to go to a gym.
- Easy walk thru entry to get on or off the Schwinn 250 recumbent bike.
- Use as a home exercise machine when you can’t ride your road bike.
- The back support of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike provides the necessary support for your lower back, shoulders and neck if you are unable to use a standard upright exercise bike.
- Less stress on your knees, ankles and joints than an upright exercise bike.
- Great heart healthy exercise for seniors or people with health issues.
- The heart rate monitor helps to assure you meet your goals of achieving maximum cardio exercise, or for people on a doctor supervised exercise regimen to prevent them from over-working their heart.
- Over 20 programs to choose from to meet your exercise and fitness goals.
Check Out this Great Video Demonstration of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike
You can purchase a Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike here from Amazon.com
Comparisons of Schwinn 250 and Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike
When designing the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike, Schwinn Fitness took the best features of 240 recumbent bike and improved on them to deliver the best Recumbent Bike you can buy without spending thousands of dollars.
Below is a chart that shows the improvements on the Schwinn 250 and demonstrates why this is the best recumbent bike on the market today.
|Features||Schwinn 250||Schwinn 240|
|Anatomically correct and comfortable seat||√||√|
|Console angle adjustment||√||√|
|Conveniently located contact heart rate pads||√||x|
|Oversized pedals with toe straps||√||x|
|Under-seat storage for magazines, books or towel||√||√|
|New oversized console||√||x|
|2 speed blower fan||√||x|
|iPod or MP3 music input port||√||x|
|Built in water bottle holder and utility tray||√||√|
Smooth Bike Feel
One of the biggest complaints people have about an upright exercise bike is that it does not have a real bike feel, and only has a resistance knob instead of having multiple resistance settings to help you achieve the perfect workout. The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike not only has a real bike feel, since it is manufactured by the oldest manufacturer of bikes in the US and with 18 settings, you will have the life-like experience of riding on flat roads and on hills, to give you a great cardio workout.
18 Workout Settings
While most recumbent exercise bikes offer a few workout settings, the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike has an impressive 18 workout programs and 16 resistance settings to give you the most exercise and cardio workout options of any recumbent bike in this price range. This is ideal for people who want to work out easy or hard, and get their heart rate up. Due to the newly designed monitor with easy to read settings and ability to quickly monitor your progress, this affordable recumbent exercise bike is great for seniors or people on a doctor monitored exercise regimen.
This new Schwinn recumbent bike gives people the most exercise options. If you want to work out hard and get your heart rate up, this Schwinn recumbent bike has the workout programs for you, or you can create your own challenging workout program. If you prefer an easier workout, where you can read a book or magazine or listen to music while you exercise at home, the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike has you covered.
This new recumbent bike from Schwinn Fitness includes a heart sensor on the newly redesigned larger hand grips to monitor your stress and heart rate levels, and it frequently reports your levels back to you. This is perfect if you want to get maximum heart rate, or you need to stay within a specific heart rate parameter, such as for people who are recovering from a heart attack, or are on a regimented exercise program to combat heart disease.
With the new improved heart rate monitoring system, your stress and heart rate levels are consistently monitored and reported to you so you can maintain your desired heart rate to achieve your exercise goals, whether it is maximum cardio workout, or to maintain heart rate levels to prevent over exhaustion and heart strain.
With the Perimeter weighted flywheel designed for a true road feel, over sized stabilizers and levers that are built-in for a solid workout platform, Schwinn Fitness designed this recumbent exercise bike to give you a smooth, consistent workout every time and at every level.
With some recumbent exercise bikes, you must swing your leg over the unit chassis to put your feet onto the peddles. This may be fine for some people, but may be a problem for people with limited mobility issues. This new Schwinn Recumbent Bike resolves this problem by having an easy open entry that allows you to simply just step in, sit down,and put your feet in the peddles. No more hassles of having to straddle a cumbersome chassis to get on or off.
Monitor your Heart Rate with the New Larger Exercise Console
This leading Recumbent Bike from Schwinn Fitness has a new larger console than on its predecessor, and is packed with exciting features you would expect to find on a more expensive recumbent exercise bike costing well over $500.
This popular Schwinn recumbent bike includes a newly designed over sized console that is:
- Nearly 10% larger for easier viewability
- Handles with Heart Rate Sensors
- Includes speakers to listen to music from your Ipod/MP3 Player
- Tray for an E-reader, newspaper or book
- Larger towel or water bottle holder
The Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike comes standard with 18 preset programs (including 4 Polar heart rate controlled programs) and 16 levels of resistance. Schwinn Advantage workout journal with 2 user profiles. The console angle can also be adjusted. Now you can more easily monitor your heart rate as part of your cardio workout routine. You can maintain your heart rate within a set range as part of a doctor supervised exercise regimen in response to heart disease or part of a heart attack recovery program.
Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike Console. The Schwinn 250 has the following enhancements to improve your exercise routine.
- Larger console than the Schwinn 240
- More Workout Programs
- Water bottle compartment
- Book and magazine holder
- Kindle/Nook holder
- Built-in port and speakers for Ipod/MP3 player
- Upright handle bars with heart rate monitor on grips
Get Your Groove on While You Exercise
We all know exercising can be boring. Schwinn took feedback from people who purchased the popular Schwinn 240 Recumbent Bike and added an MP3 Player Port and speakers to the console, so now you can read a book, newspaper or Kindle/Nook, or listen to your favorite music or podcast on your MP3 player or IPod while you exercise.
If you prefer to read a book, Kindle, or a newspaper, the Schwinn 250 comes with a newspaper/book holder so you can read while exercising, and then you can conveniently store your book or newspaper in the attached book/newspaper holder under the seat.
This updated Schwinn recumbent bike has a heavy duty highly adjustable resistance flywheel and comfortable seat, with the added benefit of lower back support. Like all Schwinn products, the Schwinn 250 recumbent bike is built with the durability and quality that has made Schwinn one of the most trusted names in the sports and fitness industry for over 100 years. New features include a 20-pound flywheel, 16 resistance levels, 18 programs, speakers and Ipod/MP3 music input port, and both telemetry and contact heart rate monitoring.
- Oversized, ergonomic pedal design with dual density materials for efficiency and comfort
- Fore-aft and angle-adjustable console, with integrated blower fan, speakers, bottle holder and utility tray
- Speakers and MP3 music input port
- Ergonomic, extra-wide seat
- Perimeter weighted flywheel for a true road feel, and smooth, consistent workouts
- Oversized stabilizers and levelers that are built-in for a solid workout platform.
- 10 preset programs, 8 profile courses, quick start, distance goal, fitness test
- 4 Polar® heart rate programs
- Backlit, multi-color console
- Schwinn Advantage™ workout tracking
- Polar® telemetry-enabled heart rate system
- 16 resistance levels
Key Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike Features:
- New Larger Console
- 18 Program Settings
- 16 Resistence Levels
- 20-pound flywheel
- Eddy Current Brake (ECB) resistance system
- Adjustable handlebars and console
- Walk-through frame
- Water bottle holder
- MP3 Player Input
- Book/Kindle/Magazine Holder
- Magazine and book storage rack under the seat
- Transport wheels to easily move the Schwinn 250 around
- Switchable from miles to kilometers (KM)
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
5 years on the frame, 1 year on parts and electronics, 3 months on wear parts, 3 months on labor.
This newest Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike from Schwinn Fitness is easier to move than many similar recumbent exercise bikes with the attached transport wheels and handle that allow easy moving and storing in your house. This is important if you have limited space in your house or apartment and must store the exercise machine in a corner when not in use.
Drawbacks of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike
It is important to discuss any drawbacks as well as benefits of a product during a review. Since the Schwinn 250 is a new recumbent exercise bike replacing the popular 240 Recumbent Bike, there are no known drawbacks. Therefore, we must look to the drawbacks from our Schwinn 240 Recumbent Exercise Bike Review.
The two known drawbacks are that the Schwinn Recumbent Bike, while relatively easy to assemble can take a bit of time, and it is recommended you have a partner to help you assemble your new Schwinn exercise bike. The other issue is that the box can be heavy at 115 Lbs, so have someone help lift and move the box to prevent leg or back injuries. Assembly instructions can be a bit confusing, but most people seem to have little or no difficulty, since the machine can be assembled in about one hour.
Easy to Put Together
Most of the comments from both men and women said this Schwinn recumbent bike is easy to put together than previous models. On average, it takes 35 min to 90 minutes to fully assemble this Schwinn 250 recumbent exercise bike, and just basic tools are needed.
What Are Satisfied Users of the Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike Saying?
Great Exercise Machine – Easy to setup and use. Very sturdy piece of equipment. Gives one a good workout.
Can an exercise bike be a delight and a dream come true. – I have a really “bad” back, and have had to give-up walking and going to the gym. By trial and error I eliminated every type of exercise that increased the pain. While I am not exactly “in love” with exercise, it has always kept my weight under control.
Very good piece of equipment – Easy to set up, all parts and tools included. Very smooth operation, and multiple programs allow you to have a different workout at your fingertips. A great value for the money.
Product quality exceeded expectations – I’ve been doing research on recumbent bikes for the last few weeks. I was between the Schwinn 240, Schwinn 250 and the Nautilus R514 but after reading customer reviews I decided to go for the Schwinn 250. I got it delivered as scheduled yesterday, the box was a little damaged but it had all the pieces. I assembled it with my wife in a little more than an hour. Instructions are easy to follow and they even include all tools needed to put it together. All pieces fit nice and are very sturdy, it really feels like a bike at a normal gym.
One Solid Bike – I’m glad i read all reviews before i purchased the 250. once i realized it wasen’t going to take 20 minutes to put together it made it much easier. it took me about 3, unstressful hours to put together. schwinn pit all parts and tools in a nice tight package.
I would buy this product again – Bought this for my wife. She needed an exersice machine for cardiac therapy. It impressed me and I started using it. I use it 20 minutes a day and have already lost 10 lbs. There are many different built in programs. Plus the user can enter his own custom programs. I am very pleased with this Swchinn 250 recumbent bike.
Where You Can Buy a Schwinn 250 Recumbent Exercise Bike?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to sales tax, all other states are still tax-free:
- New York
- North Dakota
To Your Health!