Erectile dysfunction is a common issue in men with Type 2 Diabetes. Nearly 50% of men over age 40 with this form of diabetes are also dealing with symptoms of impotence.
In a study of 52 men with erectile dysfunction and diabetes, 33% of the men preferred erectile dysfunction pumps vs the use of ED pills. 3
An erectile dysfunction pump is an alternative drug-free medical device that helps men with erectile dysfunction to get a hard erection suitable for sexual intercourse. 4
Over time, diabetes mellitus Type 2 can result in nerve damage, due to the excess production of blood glucose.
Erectile dysfunction pumps, go by several other names, including:
- penis pump.
- vacuum therapy device.
- vacuum erection device (VED).
Penis pumps were once relegated to the back pages of adult magazines as a sex toy. This vacuum erection device has been elevated to the status of drug-free erectile dysfunction remedy for men with Type 2 Diabetes. This is an effective way to help men with erectile dysfunction and diabetes to achieve an erection suitable for sexual intercourse.
There are several types of ED pumps for erectile dysfunction on the market today. The two most popular types are the manual penis pumps, and battery powered erectile dysfunction pumps.
The American Urological Association discusses the use of a vacuum erection device (VED) or VCD – vacuum constriction device as an option for men with erectile dysfunction, due to diabetes. This condition causes nerve damage, that prevents a man from getting an erection hard enough for sexual intercourse.
We’ve selected the Top 4 Erectile Dysfunction pumps for men with Diabetes, that have been shown to help men achieve an erection.
What is an Erectile Dysfunction Pump anyway?
Do you remember that scene in the Austin Powers movie when the police officer pulls out Austin’s penis pump, and he looks away in embarrassment.
Today, Erectile Dysfunction pumps have been elevated from just just a male sex toy to help men have sex longer. They have actually become a recommended medical device to help men overcome the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
An erectile dysfunction pump is a medical device sold over the counter (OTC) that fits over the penis, and uses vacuum pressure to force blood into the penis, to create an erection hard enough for sexual intercourse.
How Does an Erectile Dysfunction Pump for ED Work
A penis pump works by drawing blood into the chambers of the penis via vacuum pressure. It’s not a cure for erectile dysfunction (ED), but can help increase your ability to have sexual intercourse. This device is sometimes called a vacuum pump for ED.
A ring fits around the base of your penis, and a plastic tube is then placed over the flaccid penis. As vacuum pressure is applied, blood is forced into the chambers of the penis. As your penis becomes engorged with blood, it becomes hard and stiff. The ring keeps blood from escaping. Your erection will last for up to 30 minutes, and will allow you to enjoy sexual intercourse.
There are two types of erectile dysfunction pumps, a manual or battery powered device. We will discuss this later.
10 Benefits of Using an Erectile Dysfunction Pump:
- 90% – 95% effective
- Works in minutes not hours
- Erection lasts up to 30 minutes
- Allows men to regain sexual function
- Non-drug therapy and therefore no contraindications with other medications
- Applied externally and therefore non-invasive
- Cost effective – less expensive than drug therapy
- May be used for all types of ED including medical and psychological causes
- Can be used in conjunction with other therapies to enhance the erection
- Can be purchased without a prescription
Four Best Erectile Dysfunction Pumps for Men with Diabetes
This list contains the 6 best erectile dysfunction pumps for men with erectile dysfunction. This is an especially effective erectile dysfunction treatment for men with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or who have had prostate surgery.
1). Augusta Medical Vitality Plus Battery Operated Erectile Dysfunction Pump
SomaTherapy-ED pump is a Class II medical vacuum erection device (VED) and does not require a prescription for purchase.
What comes in the kit:
- An easy to use Battery Operated Negative Pressure Device
- A Manual Negative Pressure Device
- A Standard Cylinder
- Two Sizing Adapters
- Three Comfortable Tension Systems
- A tension system loading cone
- A tube of SomaTherapy-ED Lubricant designed specifically for this product
- A discreet carrying case
- A comprehensive Patient Instruction Manual
- This is an over the counter (OTC) product that does not require a doctor’s prescription for purchase.
- One Year Warranty
- Can upgrade the Warranty to Lifetime for $99
Click Here to Purchase
2). Pos T Vac BOS2000-2 Battery Operated Penis Pump
What come with the Pos T Vac BOS-2000-2:
- BOS-2000-2 Battery Operated Pump Head
- Regular Penile Tube
- Multi-size tension rings
- Loading Cone
- Support Ring Loader
- Water Soluble Lubricant
- Adapter Bushing – one ‘B’ Bushing (Medium)
- Ultimate II Rings – 3 sizes (Small, Medium, Large)
- Instructional DVD
- 2 AA Batteries
- Carrying Case
Click Here to Purchase
3. Encore Medical Erectile Dysfunction Pump
What Comes with the Encore Medical
- Manual and battery penis pump and tube.
- Instructional DVD.
- 7 different size tension rings with ring loading applicator, for the perfect fit.
- Triad Lubricant, 4 ounces.
- Discrete carrying case with foam cut outs for placement of components.
- Instruction book.
Click Here to Purchase
4. Owen Mumford Rapport Classic Vacuum Therapy ED Device
Owen Mumford Rapport Vacuum Pump System Contents:
- Clear Plastic Vacuum Tube
- Hand Pump with Pressure Relief Valve
- 5 Penile Rings of Different Sizes
- 2 Transfer Sleeves of Different Sizes
- 1 Rapport Ring Loading Cone
- A Tube of Water-Soluble Lubricating Jelly
- Instructional DVD
- Discreet System Carrying Case
Click here to Purchase
Today, men have several options when choosing erectile dysfunction pumps to reverse your symptoms of erectile dysfunction. For many men under age 50, their impotence is often due to Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
An erectile dysfunction pump is oftentimes becoming the recommended natural drug-free ED treatment by doctors.
An Erectile dysfunction pump, also called a penis pump, has become a legitimate medical device to help men overcome the symptoms of erectile dysfunction,
The validation of vacuum pump therapy for erectile dysfunction is by just looking at how many medical device companies are selling vacuum therapy systems to help men overcome their symptoms of erectile dysfunction, especially for men with diabetes.
Ken Weiss is a health blogger who is passionate about natural and holistic cures for men’s health issues. He is the founder of menshealthcures.com
would you send me a phone number?
would you send me a phone number so that I can talk to someone in person?
how can I purchase these pumps in INDIA. Please send me complete details ,cost , availability address
Vacuum Pumps are available in a wide range of prices. Don’t forget to get quotes from different suppliers before buying.
This article was interesting to me and I never knew much about the benefits of a pump.
I have a website dedicated to naturally boosting testosterone and diet for erectile dysfunction but from this article I now have some more information about things that can help ED.
Hey Robert, thanks for the comment. I will check out the bathmate pump for ED.
These all seem decent, medical-grade pumps that can be considered as first-line treatment for men with ED. Many professionals recognize the effectiveness of penis pumps in dealing with ED, so they are definitely more than just sex toys.
BTW, there are also water-based penis pumps, like the Bathmate, which have become quite popular lately. It may not be appropriate for quick, before-sex pumping but the manufacturer claims long-lasting improvement in erection quality. Worth checking out!