Erectile dysfunction pumps, go by several names, including penis pump, vacuum therapy device, and vacuum erection device (VED) is a medical device that helps men with erectile dysfunction get a hard erection suitable for sexual intercourse. A vacuum pump for ED is especially effective for men with diabetes.
Erectile dysfunction pumps were once relegated to the back pages of adult magazines as a sex toy. This erectile dysfunction treatment has been elevated to the status of drug-free erectile dysfunction treatment for men. This is an effective way to help men with erectile dysfunction or diabetes achieve an erection suitable for sexual intercourse.
There are several types of ED pumps for erectile dysfunction on the market today. The two most popular types are the manual penis pumps, and battery powered erectile dysfunction pumps.
The American Urological Association discusses the use of a vacuum erection device (VED) or VCD – vacuum constriction device as an option for men with erectile dysfunction, due to diabetes. This condition causes nerve damage, that prevents a man from getting an erection hard enough for sexual intercourse.
We’ve selected the Top 6 Erectile Dysfunction pumps for men with Diabetes, to reverse their symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
What is an Erectile Dysfunction Pump anyway?
Do you remember that scene in the Austin Powers movie when the police officer pulls out Austin’s penis pump, and he looks away in embarrassment.
Today, Erectile Dysfunction pumps have been elevated from just just a male sex toy to help men have sex longer. They have actually become a recommended medical device to help men overcome the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
An erectile dysfunction pump is a medical device sold over the counter (OTC) that fits over the penis, and helps men with erection problems to achieve and maintain an hard erection that they can enjoy sexual intercourse.
How Does a Vacuum Pump for ED Work
Erectile dysfunction pumps works by drawing blood into the chambers of the penis via vacuum pressure. It’s not a cure for erectile dysfunction (ED), but can help increase your ability to have sexual intercourse. This device is sometimes called a vacuum pump for ED.
A ring fits around the base of your penis, and a plastic tube is then placed over the flaccid penis. As vacuum pressure is applied, blood is forced into the chambers of the penis. As your penis becomes engorged with blood, it becomes hard and stiff. The ring keeps blood from escaping. Your erection will last for up to 30 minutes, and will allow you to enjoy sexual intercourse.
There are two types of ED pump, manual or battery powered. We will discuss this later.
10 Benefits of Using an Erectile Dysfunction Pump:
- 90% – 95% effective
- Works in minutes not hours
- Erection lasts up to 30 minutes
- Allows men to regain sexual function
- Non-drug therapy and therefore no contraindications with other medications
- Applied externally and therefore non-invasive
- Cost effective – less expensive than drug therapy
- May be used for all types of ED including medical and psychological causes
- Can be used in conjunction with other therapies to enhance the erection
- Can be purchased without a prescription
Six Best Erectile Dysfunction Pumps for Men with Diabetes
This list contains the 6 best erectile dysfunction pumps for men with erectile dysfunction. This is an especially effective erectile dysfunction treatment for men with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or who have had prostate surgery.
1). Augusta Medical Vitality Plus Battery Operated Erectile Dysfunction Pump
SomaTherapy-ED pump is a Class II medical vacuum erection device (VED) and does not require a prescription for purchase.
What comes in the kit:
- An easy to use Battery Operated Negative Pressure Device
- A Manual Negative Pressure Device
- A Standard Cylinder
- Two Sizing Adapters
- Three Comfortable Tension Systems
- A tension system loading cone
- A tube of SomaTherapy-ED Lubricant designed specifically for this product
- A discreet carrying case
- A comprehensive Patient Instruction Manual
- This is an over the counter (OTC) product that does not require a doctor’s prescription for purchase.
- One Year Warranty
- Can upgrade the Warranty to Lifetime for $99
2). Pos T Vac BOS2000-2 Battery Operated Penis Pump
What come with the Pos T Vac BOS-2000-2:
- BOS-2000-2 Battery Operated Pump Head
- Regular Penile Tube
- Multi-size tension rings
- Loading Cone
- Support Ring Loader
- Water Soluble Lubricant
- Adapter Bushing – one ‘B’ Bushing (Medium)
- Ultimate II Rings – 3 sizes (Small, Medium, Large)
- Instructional DVD
- 2 AA Batteries
- Carrying Case
3. Encore Medical Erectile Dysfunction Pump
What Comes with the Encore Medical
- Manual and battery penis pump and tube.
- Instructional DVD.
- 7 different size tension rings with ring loading applicator, for the perfect fit.
- Triad Lubricant, 4 ounces.
- Discrete carrying case with foam cut outs for placement of components.
- Instruction book.
4. Gesiva Medical Vacuum Erection System®
What Comes with the Gesiva Medical Vacuum Therapy
- a battery powered vacuum pump handle
- a high quality clear plastic cylinder,
- 4 different tension rings
- Clear -Large Standard Low Tension Ring
- Red -Large High Tension Ring
- Clear – Medium Standard Tension Ring
- Red -Medium High Tension Ring
- 5oz of water-based lubricant
- 3 AA alkaline batteries
- a carrying case
- an easy to understand User Guide
5. Owen Mumford Rapport Classic Vacuum Therapy ED Device
Owen Mumford Rapport Vacuum Pump System Contents:
- Clear Plastic Vacuum Tube
- Hand Pump with Pressure Relief Valve
- 5 Penile Rings of Different Sizes
- 2 Transfer Sleeves of Different Sizes
- 1 Rapport Ring Loading Cone
- A Tube of Water-Soluble Lubricating Jelly
- Instructional DVD
- Discreet System Carrying Case
6. Spartan® Automatic (Battery) Powered Vacuum Erection Device
Our latest edition to the list of ED pumps for men is the Spartan® Automatic (Battery) Powered Vacuum Erection Device.
Spartan® Automatic (Battery) Powered Vacuum Erection Devices
- Creates suction with a simple one touch button operation!
- Includes: 1 Cylinder Tube (with easy air-release valve), 1 Pump
Head (battery operated), 2 Adapter Bushings, 1 Loading Cone,
3 Constriction Rings – (sizes A, B, & C), 1 Tube of Water-Based
Lubricant, 1 Storage Bag, 1 User Manual, 3 AA Batteries.
- AA Batteries included- easy to change!
- Better option for men with arthritis or issues with strength in their hands.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 3 year manufacture warranty*
We offer FREE 15-30 minute convenient individual one on one LIVE video VED instructional classes via SKYPE and Go-To-Meeting . Available by Appointment from 1-3 pm U.S. Eastern time, Monday-Friday. Call 301.378.8433 for an appointment.
Today, men have several options when choosing an erectile dysfunction pump to reverse your symptoms of erectile dysfunction. For many men under age 50, their impotence is often due to Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
An ED pump is oftentimes becoming the recommended natural drug-free ED treatment by doctors.
An Erectile dysfunction pump, also called a penis pump, has become a legitimate medical device to help men overcome the symptoms of erectile dysfunction,
The validation of vacuum pump therapy for erectile dysfunction is by just looking at how many medical device companies are selling vacuum therapy systems to help men overcome their symptoms of erectile dysfunction, especially for men with diabetes.