- Best ED Treatment for Men over 40
- How To Get Rid of Stress Once and For all
- How to Eliminate Chronic Pain Naturally
- Five Benefits of a Penis Pump for Men with Diabetes
- Best Erectile Dysfunction Treatment for Men with Diabetes
- Three Methods to Lower PSA Levels
- Five Benefits of Prostate Massage
- Four Super Foods for Prostate Health
- Lester Levenson’s Amazing Story
Best Foods for Erectile Dysfunction Cure
Seven Best Foods for Erectile Dysfunction Cure You Should Be Eating
For years we have heard the expression “You are What You Eat.” There is some truth to this food tale. Researchers have determined that the foods men eat can lead to or prevent the from developing Erectile Dysfunction. Researchers, doctors and nutritionists have determined that a man’s diet and lifestyle can significantly increase or decrease his chances of developing erectile dysfunction. In this article, I will discuss the seven primary foods for erectile dysfunction to prevent developing ED, and if you have ED, make sure to begin adding these foods. On the flip side, there are several foods that men should avoid that are known to contribute to the development of erectile dysfunction and should be avoided.
This article will show what foods to eliminate and those to increase in your diet, to help reduce the chances of developing erectile dysfunction, and if you already have issues achieving an erection, this information may help identify the foods that may be contributing to your sexual dysfunction. Let’s get started.
What Are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
We must first discuss what causes erectile dysfunction, and how do the food you eat play a role in your development or prevention of this embarrassing sexual dysfunction. ED is generally caused by the lack of blood flow to the penis necessary to achieve and maintain an erection suitable for sexual intercourse. The foods American men eat, particularly fast food, processed foods and even food eaten in your favorite restaurant, usually contain high levels of sodium, sugar, carbohydrates, cholesterol and trans-fat, which leads to the various heath issues that cause erectile dysfunction.
The leading medical causes of erectile dysfunction in the 30 million American men who are afflicted each year are heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, thyroid conditions, low testosterone, Type 2 Diabetes and obesity. In addition to poor diet, the lack of regular exercise and poor sleeping habits play a contributing role in the number of men with these damaging health conditions. These health conditions lead to plaque build up in the arteries, and inflammation of the heart, arteries and blood vessels, which effects the heart’s ability to pump enough blood to the vital organs of the human body; and the penis requires a lot of blood to fill the three sponge-like chambers called the corpus cavernosum, which fill with blood to achieve and maintain an erection.
The best natural remedy for erectile dysfunction without medication is a proper diet for erectile dysfunction, that includes the most important foods that naturally relax blood vessels to improve blood flow, reduce inflammation inside the body to to help the heart work more efficiently, and encourages good eating habits.
While it is important to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly for 30 minutes a day three or more days a week and get seven to eight hours of sleep a night, if you have erectile dysfunction, you may want to include a natural male health supplement known to improve sexual performance and endurance.
Foods To Reduce or Eliminate That Can Contribute to Your Erectile Dysfunction Symtoms:
- Foods high in sodium (salt). A diet containing foods high in sodium can lead to high blood pressure, which impacts the heart’s ability to pump blood efficiently.
- Foods containing trans-fats. Trans-fats, partially hydrogenated and saturated fats, are a leading cause of clogged arteries and heart disease. This prevents the efficient flow of blood to the arteries and organs.
- Foods high in sugar. A diet high in sugar can lead to weight gain, obesity and Type 2 Diabetes. Significant weight gain puts pressure on the heart and vital organs to function properly. Due to insulin resistance from an over abundance of sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, Type 2 Diabetes leads to inflammation of the organs and nerve damage, which contribute to several health issues.
- Foods high in cholesterol. A diet high in LDL cholesterol is a leading cause of clogged arteries and heart disease, similar to trans-fats. High levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood slows down the body’s ability to use blood glucose, the leading cause of Type 2 Diabetes.
Foods To Eat That Can Prevent Erectile Dysfunction:
- Dark green vegetables. Dark green vegetables are a good source of zinc. Zinc has been proven to improve blood flow to the major organs, and has been shown to improve blood flow to the penis in those with ED. High levels of zinc also improves prostate health.
- Foods High in Potassium (especially for older men age 6o and above). Foods high in Potassium is a natural combatant to the high levels of sodium found in most canned and processed foods. Just as too much salt leads to high blood pressure, low potassium levels throws off the natural balance of electrolytes and causes high blood pressure.
- Foods low in sugar. High consumption of sugar is a major contributor to weight gain and Type 2 Diabetes. Unhealthy weight gain puts pressure on the heart and and major organs to function properly. When the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the organs, it is more difficult to pump the massive amount of blood needed to get and maintain an erection. Eating too much sugar can lead to insulin resistance, meaning the body is unable to produce enough insulin to convert sugar to energy, and is the leading cause of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Foods low in fat. Eating foods high in fat is a major contributor to weight gain and heart disease. The body stores excess fat from foods. Unhealthy weight gain puts pressure on the heart and and major organs to function properly. When the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the organs due to weight gain and heart disease, it is more difficult to pump the massive amount of blood needed to get and maintain an erection. Eating a diet low in fat will help the body use up the excess fat, and maintain optimum body weight and help prevent heart disease, thus ensuring sufficient blood flow to the major organs, including the penis, which requires a large amount of blood to achieve and maintain an erection.
- Foods low in cholesterol and trans-fats. There are two types of cholesterol, LDL (Low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (High-density lipoprotein) LDL is the “bad cholesterol” that builds up in the arteries causing coronary heart disease and a leading cause of heart attacks. Foods high in LDL are those that contain tran-fats, such partially hydrogenated oil. HDL is the “good cholesterol” that scrubs the arteries of the plaque build-up that impairs good flow of blood through the body. Foods high in Niacin (Vitamin B) are naturally high in HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides is both HDL and LDL. You should have high HDL and low LDL. See your doctor for a cholesterol test to see how much LDL and HDL is in your blood, especially if you suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Foods High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are essential to control heart disease, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes and more. Heart Disease and hypertension are leading causes of sexual dysfunction, and many men who report weak erections have diets low in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Foods high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids are fish, flaxseed, walnuts, eggs, Canola Oil, and pumpkin seeds. DHA supplements are another way to boost your intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Fruits, including bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe, oranges and watermelon are an essential source of phyto-nutrients. Watermelon especially is a good source of lycopene. Lycopene relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow, similar to how Viagra works, but naturally and without the side effects.
Eating a healthy diet containing foods low in sugar, fat, sodium and trans-fats and eliminating foods high in trans-fat, cholesterol, sodium and sugar will help prevent erectile dysfunction. Eliminating the bad foods can lower blood pressure, reduce the build up of plaque in the arteries that can lead to coronary artery disease, and reducing the likelihood of developing Type II Diabetes by preventing insulin resistance. It is also important to get plenty of exercise and 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
If you found this article helpful, please leave a comment. We respond to all comments.
Popular Articles related to this topic:
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- How NASA Technology Can Help You Lower High Blood Pressure? - March 19, 2015
- Spartagen XT Review – Natural Testosterone Booster - February 24, 2015
- PiYo Workout Reviews - February 11, 2015