- Gaiam and Give Back Yoga help Soldiers with Symptoms of PTSD
- Best ED Treatment for Men over 40
- How To Get Rid of Stress Once and For all
- How to Eliminate Chronic Pain Naturally
- Five Benefits of a Penis Pump for Men with Diabetes
- Best Erectile Dysfunction Treatment for Men with Diabetes
- Three Methods to Lower PSA Levels
- Five Benefits of Prostate Massage
- Four Super Foods for Prostate Health
- Lester Levenson’s Amazing Story
Oral B vs Sonicare – Which is the Best Electric Toothbrush?
Oral B vs Sonicare – Which is theBest Electric Toothbrush?
Good oral hygiene is not only the key to having healthy teeth and gums, using an electric toothbrush is a good tool to help you prevent diseases as well. Dentists usually recommend an Oral B or Sonicare electric toothbrush for their patients, but which is the best electric toothbrush?
In this unbiased electric toothbrush review, we will delve past the hype and marketing, and compare features, functions, capability and benefits of each of popular electric toothbrush to help you decide on Oral B vs Sonicare, which is the best electric toothbrush for you and your family’s dental hygiene needs?
Sonic Toothbrush or Oscillating-Rotating Toothbrush, Which is Better?
Your two choices for an electric toothbrush is either a Sonic Toothbrush or Oscillating-Rotating Toothbrush. The Sonicare Flexcare electric toothbrush is a sonic toothbrush. This type of electric toothbrush vibrates at a very high rate and sweeps from side to side to remove food, plaque and tartar from your teeth and gums. As you brush your teeth, the vibrating head helps to remove more plaque and food particles than you can do with a manual toothbrush, and you protect the veneer on your teeth.
The Oral-B 5000 is an Oscillating-Rotating electric toothbrush with a head that spins first in a clock-wise rotating manner, and then oscillates, meaning it spins in a counter-clockwise to clean your teeth, gums and to even get under your gum line to remove trapped food particles that leads to gingivitis (bleeding and swollen gums).
It is well known that most people who use a manual toothbrush don’t brush for the recommended two minutes and brush too hard, which leads to gum erosion and brushing away the veneer, which helps keep your shoppers white and protects them from cavities. Both the Oral-B 5000 and Sonicare Flexcare comes with a timer that ensures you brush for the ADA-recommended two minutes, and the smiling turns sad when it senses you are brushing too hard.
How do you know which is the best electric toothbrush when both come from good companies and also claim to hold the title of best electric toothbrush? My dentist recommends using an electric toothbrush rather than a manual toothbrush. He says to use the Philips Sonicare FlexCare , yet a relative who is a dentist and teaches dentistry at a leading university in California uses and recommends the Oral B 5000.
We know they both can’t be the best, but in the end it really all depends on which does the best job of cleaning your teeth, removing plaque build-up on your teeth and gums, reducing gingivitis and bleeding gums, and preventing cavities. This dilemma lead me to investigate both leading electric toothbrushes and write an unbiased electric toothbrush review of the Oral B and Sonicare Electric Toothbrush.
Why Use an Electric Toothbrush ?
Here are a few reasons why you should use an electric toothbrush, like the Oral B 5000 or Sonicare Flexcare
- With a manual toothbrush people tend to brush their teeth too hard, don’t brush properly or don’t brush their teeth for the recommended two minutes.
- Brushing too hard can brush away the veneer that is critical to protect your teeth from cavities and staying shiny white.
- You can brush away gum, so over time you have less gum keeping your teeth in your mouth, and cold or hot food can more easily irritate the root and nerves.
- Once the veneer or gum has been brushed away it is gone for good.
- With an electric tooth brush you naturally tend to brush more lightly, which prevents loss of veneer or gum erosion.
- Dentists report most people only brush their teeth for 30 seconds to one minute with a manual toothbrush.
- Improper brushing allows germs and bacteria to grow in your mouth, which can lead to a build up of tartar, plaque and bacteria on your teeth and gums, and can result in gingivitis,cavities, bad breath and tooth loss.
Why Good Oral Health can Save your Life?
Dr. Mercola, a leading natural health care advocate reported that poor oral hygiene can lead to a 70% increase in the chances of developing heart disease. Good oral health even prevent other health related issues, such as Type 2 Diabetes and possibly even Alzheimer’s Disease. This is the result of harmful bacteria in the mouth that cab enter the blood stream through tiny gaps between teeth and gums, or bleeding gums from gingivitis or brushing too hard with a manual toothbrush. Once in your body, the bacteria settles on the walls of your arteries, and can lead to plaque build up that eventually will cause heart disease or diabetes. The electric toothbrush you use and how you brush your teeth are the critical components to good oral care.
Studies have shown that using an electric toothbrush for two minutes is far superior to using a manual toothbrush, since an electric toothbrush is more gentle on your teeth and gums, and the timer ensures you are brushing for two minutes. The Oral B 5000 and Philips Sonicare have sensors that detect and warn you that you are brushing too hard. If your dentist complains that you are brushing your teeth too hard, and you’re trying to remember to brush softer, or to angle your manual toothbrush differently is too complicated, then you definitely should look at replacing your outdated manual toothbrush with a dentist recommended electric toothbrush. This electric toothbrush review is not designed to favor one toothbrush over another, but rather to compare the features and benefits of each of these popular electric toothbrushes to help you decide which is the best electric toothbrush for your dental hygiene needs.
Philips Sonicare Flex Care
The Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush, which is available at Amazon.com is the #1 recommended rechargeable electric toothbrush by dentists, hygienists and dental professionals. Featuring a new innovative technology, the Sonicare Flexcare removes more plaque more easily than the Oral B Triumph and even the Sonicare Elite Electric Toothbrush. The integrated ultraviolet (UV) Sanitizer removes up to 99 percent of bacteria* on your toothbrush. This is an important health fact, since bacteria not only leads to cavities and gingivitis, but can enter the bloodstream through bleeding gums and lead other serious health related issues.
- Dentist Recommended Soft Electric Toothbrush
- Vibrating Head Removes up to 90% of plaque from teeth
- The integrated ultraviolet (UV) Sanitizer removes up to 99 percent of bacteria*
- The 2-minute timer helps ensure you ensure good oral hygiene with the dentist-recommended 2 minute brushing time, since most people spend 20 – 30 seconds on average brushing teeth.
- To ensure best performance of your Sonicare Flexcare, this electric toothbrush monitors battery life and signals when to recharge.
- Compact charger saves space in luggage, so you can enjoy your FlexCare toothbrush while traveling.
- Improvements include a 30 percent smaller and lighter design and an 80 percent reduction in vibration (compared to Sonicare Elite).
Three Settings for Best Teeth Cleaning
Sonicare Flexcare offers Three cleaning modes:
- Clean – for maximum cleaning efficacy
- Sensitive – for those with sensitive teeth and gums
- Massage – to stimulate gums with a invigorating and pulsing motion
Sonicare FlexCare offers Two Teeth Cleaning Routines:
Routine 1 – MaxCare – which delivers a 3-minute thorough and full-mouth brushing
Rouitine 2 – GoCare – for a quick 1-minute clean between regular brushings to remove build up of plaque and particles in teeth.
How the Sonicare FlexCare Toothbrush Works
The new ProResults toothbrush head of the Philips Sonicare Toothbrush moves in broad sweeping motions with contour fit bristles to help increase tooth cleaning coverage to properly remove plaque and bacteria. The Philips Sonicare Flexcare toothbrush available at Amazon.com creates a high speed bristle motion that allows a powerful, but gentle dynamic cleaning action, ensuring a deep clean between teeth and along the gum line.
Two Year Warranty
While many electric toothbrushes today offer a paltry 90 day warranty, Sonicare offers a 2-year Limited Warranty for the Philips Sonicare Sonicare electric toothbrush. For optimal results, replace your electric tooth brush head at least every three months.
Oral B 5000
Oral-B is a leading oral care product manufacturer that makes a line of electric toothbrushes, which is the leading competitor to the Sonicare Flexcare. A relative of mine is a dentist and adjunct professor of dentistry at a leading university, who uses and recommends the Oral-B 5000to his patients.
Five Cleaning Settings
The Oral B 5000 has 5 customized brushing modes:
- Daily Clean
- Deep Clean
Here are a few of the benefits he said for using the Oral- B 5000 Electric Toothbrush:
- Oral-B is the #1 dentist-recommended electric toothbrush brand worldwide.
- The Deep Clean mode removes up to 99.7% of plaque from hard to reach areas, with 40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute.
- The Orl B 5000 prevents Periodontal Disease and gum disease, which can lead to other health issues if not addressed.
- You get 5 cleaning modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Massage, and Deep Clean.
- The Oral B 5000 includes a professional two-minute timer with 30-second intervals that helps guide you through the four quadrants of your mouth, making it easy to track how long you’ve been brushing. The timer also works as a digital alarm clock.
- Separate, wireless SmartGuide helps maximize brushing performance.
- Gentle on teeth and gums, due to Pressure sensor, which stops pulsations when brushing too hard to prevent injury to gums or removal of tooth enamel.
- Improves gum health better than Sonicare FlexCare
- Outstanding whitening and polishing in 3 weeks.
- Floss action technology for superior overall clean.
- Contains charger base with battery level, which is also your travel base.
14 Day Battery Life
With normal daily use, the battery is estimated to last 2 weeks between charges. This may be different if you brush your teeth multiple times per day.
Two Year Warranty
Oral B 5000 comes with a limited 2-year Warranty. For optimal results, replace your electric tooth brush head at least every three months.
The Oral B 5000 and Philips Sonicare Flexcare are the two most popular electric toothbrushes on the market today. There are unique similarities and differences between these two oral care devices. In reality, you can’t go wrong with either one. Do you want an oscillating toothbrush that spins
If you found these electric toothbrush reviews of the Sonicare vs Oral B electric toohbrushes helpful, please leave a question or comment with your feedback at the bottom of the review, as we respond to all comments and questions.
To Your Health!
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Is Male Menopause (low testosterone) a Real or Imaginary Condition? - June 30, 2015
- How His Erection Problems Can Effect Your Relationship? - June 26, 2015
- Gaiam and Give Back Yoga help Soldiers with Symptoms of PTSD - June 12, 2015