Five Benefits of Kagel Exercises for Men
The male pelvic muscle is known by a few names – pelvic muscle, kegel muscle, PC and the more technical pubococcygeus muscle.
The kegel exercise was developed by Dr. Arnold Kegel in 1948 as a method to strengthen the kegel floor. The exercises were originally developed for women to strengthen and tighten the pelvic muscles of the vagina after childbirth.
As men age, muscles lose their firmness. We go to the gym to tone and tighten our arm, leg and abdominal muscles, but we neglect our pelvic muscle. Pelvic muscle exercises are a good exercise to reduce symptoms of erectile dysfunction, as these male exercises strengthen the pelvic floor. When the pelvic muscle is strong, this can help keep blood in the penis to prolong erection, and is a great natural treatment for premature ejaculation. When the PC muscle is weak, blood can slowly leak out of the chambers of the penis, thus leading to erection problems during sexual intercourse.
The male kegel exercises are simple to do and can be done anywhere and anytime. Some of the most notable benefits of doing male kegel muscle exercises are:
1) Reduce or eliminate incontinence
2) Reduce the pain of prostatitis
3) Exercise for Erectile Dysfunction
4) Heighten sexual feelings during sex
5) Reduce or eliminate premature ejaculation
Let’s start with where the pelvic muscle is located. While urinating (or pretending to urinate if you are reading this article), squeeze to stop the flow of urine. There, you have found your pelvic muscle. It sits between the scrotum and anus.
Pelvic muscle exercises are easy to do, do not take any special training to do properly and can be done anywhere….even at work or in that boring meeting.
1) Tighten the pelvic muscle and hold for 3 -5 seconds then release slowly.
2) Do three sets 2 -3 times per day to start. You don’t want to overwork the muscle.
3) You can gradually increase the number of reps from 3 sets to 5 sets three times per day.
4) As you notice your pelvic muscles beginning to strengthen, you can also increase the length of time of each rep from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
5) If you have never done male pelvic floor exercises (or kegel exercises) before, you should begin to notice changes within a few weeks.
If you were suffering from incontinence, you should notice that it becomes a little easier to hold or stop your urine flow or improved bladder control. During sexual intercourse, you may notice heightened intensity or more control of your ejaculation, and you may find it easier to hold your erection.
It is believed that performing kegel exercises can improve the blood flow to the penis, thus reducing symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
The PC muscle, like any muscle in the body will improve and get stronger through regular exercise.
To Your Health!