- How to Relieve Back Pain in 5 Days
- Erect on Demand Review – How to Last Longer in Bed
- 5 Best Erectile Dysfunction Pumps
- Aneros Prostate Massager Comparison
- 4 Premature Ejaculation Treatment Options – How Can You Improve Sexual Stamina?
- Discover 4 Tips to Overcome Your Fear, Anxiety And Embarrassment Of Premature Ejaculation And Last Longer in Bed
- Natural Treatment for Prostate Stones
- Top 10 Foods that Increase Sperm Count
- What is the Benefit of Self Sabotaging Behavior?
- Best Penis Pump Comparison: Battery Operated or Manual Penis Pump?
7 Recumbent Bike Benefits for Older Adults
7 Recumbent Bike Benefits for Older Adults
There are two types of exercise bikes that people can use as home exercise equipment. They are the upright stationary exercise bike and the recumbent bike. There are seven key recumbent bike benefits that older adults should be aware of if they want to know how to lose weight or as apart of an exercise regimen. This is important if you plan to use an exercise bike in the gym or purchase a home exercise bicycle.
What are the Key Recumbent Bike benefits?
Exercise for adults is important for both physical health and mental acuity. Here are the key recumbent bike benefits to help older adults stay in shape. In addition to health benefits, using a recumbent exercise bike has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression, which is common among senior citizens who do not get sufficient physical activity.
1) Lower To The Ground.
With an upright exercise bike , the rider must stand on one pedal and swing the other leg over the bike to reach the other pedal. This can be difficult or dangerous for older adults. With a recumbent exercise bike, the rider can simply step into the exercise machine and sits down. This prevents the risk of injury to the leg or falling off the upright stationary bike, which is why the older members of my gym only use the recumbent exercise bikes.
2) Large Bucket Seat.
A recumbent exercise machine has a large, soft bucket seat. Upright stationary bikes have a hard bike saddle that can be uncomfortable between the legs, or leave the derriere a bit sore.
3) Lower Back Support.
The bucket seat on a recumbent bike provides much needed lower back support for older adults, and keeps the rider in proper posture to prevent back or shoulder pain.
4) Easy To Adjust.
With an upright stationary bike, the rider must adjust the saddle up or down before getting on the bike. This can be a complicated process for older adults, since this requires pulling out a pin, then adjusting the seat, then re-tightening the pin. The beauty of a recumbent exercise bike is that the rider simply sits down and pulls or turns a handle to loosen the seat, and slides the seat into the desired position, then tighten the knob.
5) Several Workout Options. Whether you are on a doctor monitored heart exercise program or a marathon runner, there is an exercise program for you. You can do a simple level riding program, which is easy on the heart, legs and joints, or you can do a major hill climbing workout that will leave you sweating.
6) Easy on Joints.
Having the peddles set in front of you puts less stress on knees, hips, ankles, feet and joints. This is an advantage over upright exercise bikes where the peddles are below you, thus forcing you to push down, which puts more strain on knees, hips, ankles, feet and joints.
7) Read or watch TV.
Recumbent bikes have a book rest to hold a book or magazine so that you can read while exercising.
What is the Best Recumbent Exercise Bike for Older Adults?
Mens Health Cures looked at several recumbent exercise bikes to determine which is the best exercise bike for older adults, and found the new Schwinn 250 had the best overall rating on several exercise equipment websites, and had the best reviews on Amazon.com.
Recumbent Exercise Bike Review
You now know the seven key recumbent bike benefits as part of your exercise program. You may think buying an exercise bike is too expensive, but when you look at the yearly cost of a gym membership you will see the benefit of owning a recumbent exercise bike to use in your home.
Image courtesy: Timesunion.com
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Expert Review: Between Us Clinic Premature Ejaculation Program - 01/02/2017
- 7 Nutrients to Help You Sleep Better - 12/17/2016
- 7 Essential Reasons to Start a Daily Workout for Men Over 40 - 12/15/2016